Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Please begin by reading all of the Author's Guidelines below.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The editorial is either written by the chief editor, or by a guest editor invited by the chief editor. The text is related to the issue and may respond to current important issues in the field.
Papers by FDE practitioners or others whose research will be of interest to FDEs. The Scientific Advisory Board will determine if a paper is a research paper of a pilot study.
Brief reports of unusual cases. No paper dealing with a case still in litigation will be considered. Indicate in your introduction what was unusual about the case you are reporting and summarize your findings. Include illustrations and exhibits.
Report of varying lengths on techniques, materials, processes, or instruments related to document examination. Unless these are brief notes, papers must have an abastract and bibliography.
We welcome reader's suggestions of relevant new books for review, as well as relevant topics that will be of interest to our readers. Commentaries should include an abstract.
©2018 Journal of Forensic Document Examination (JFDE). All rights reserved. Written permission must be obtained from the editor of the JFDE at email@example.com before copying, transmitting, storing, printing, or using for any other means. Authors may copy their article for educational and research purposes exclusively, retain the research data, and receive proper attribution and credit for their work.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.